My word for 2019 is Inspiration. I intend to look for it everywhere, every day. And I plan to share what I find with you every so often, whether that’s through a picture, a post, or simply an uplifting quote.
This morning, such a silly thing got me thinking about inspiration and happiness.
My binder clip stash had run low, so I went to my supply drawer to get more. I found the ones you’re looking at in the photo. The minute I saw them I felt happy.
I love color. There’s one shade of purple in particular that, when I look at it, literally fills me with a sense of happiness.
Whether it’s in art or clothing or office supplies or. . . I could go on and on and on. . . pretty colors inspire me, lift my mood, and make me ready to get up and go.
What motivates and inspires you and makes you happy?
- Color? Sunrise or sunset? The cuddliness and comfort of your favorite sweater?
- Music? A special song? A religious verse?
- Runner’s high?
What makes you feel accomplished?
- Writing the perfect sentence? Acing a test or completing the Sunday crossword puzzle?
- Coming up with the perfect proposal—for a book submission, a board meeting, or a marriage?
- Making the yummiest pasta sauce? The most intricate model automobile or ship? The awesome-est Halloween costume in your first-grader’s class?
Chances are you have many things that motivate and inspire you, too.
Think about it. Make a list. Then pick one item to look at, listen to, or begin.
Make YOUR day.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~